By Renee Levine Melammed
Read or Download A Question of Identity: Iberian Conversos in Historical Perspective PDF
Best european history books
Medieval Spain is brilliantly recreated, in all its style and richness, during this complete survey. prone to develop into the traditional paintings in English, the e-book treats the full Iberian Peninsula and all of the those that inhabited it, from the arriving of the Visigoths within the 5th century to the reign of Ferdinand and Isabella.
This interdisciplinary number of essays examines the real and paradoxical relation among ladies and the French Revolution. even if the male leaders of the Revolution trusted the women's lively militant participation, they denied to ladies the rights they helped to set up. even as that girls have been banned from the political sphere, "woman" was once reworked into an allegorical determine which grew to become the very image of (masculine) Liberty and Equality.
A l'abril de 1939, els responsables de l'aviació franquista, italiana i alemanya, podien estar satisfets de l. a. tasca que havien fet. Una half dels objectius que l. a. tardor de 1936 es marcaren els comandaments franquistes, amb l'assessorament de militars alemanys i italians, foren assolits al llarg dels quasi tres anys de guerra.
9th-century Byzantium has constantly been seen as a mid-point among Iconoclasm and the so-called Macedonian revival; in scholarly phrases it is usually handled as a ’dead’ century. the article of those papers is to query such an assumption. They current an image of political and army advancements, felony and literary ideas, artisanal construction, and non secular and liturgical adjustments from the Anatolian plateau to the Greek-speaking components of Italy which are in basic terms now progressively rising as specified.
- Western Art and Jewish Presence in the Work of Paul Celan: Roots and Ramifications of the "Meridian" Speech (Graven Images)
- A Social History of Disability in the Middle Ages: Cultural Considerations of Physical Impairment (Routledge Studies in Cultural History)
- Normandy to Berlin: The Trek to Honor the Legacies
- The Return of Hans Staden: A Go-between in the Atlantic World
- Languages and Communities in Early Modern Europe (The Wiles Lectures)
- The Spanish Novelists, a Series of Tales, From the Earliest Period to the Close of the Seventeenth Century - Vol. I
Additional resources for A Question of Identity: Iberian Conversos in Historical Perspective